This compact is supposed to be an All in One product so I was keen to try it even though I'm pretty sure it's meant for Asian complexions. I bought it in shade 03 Natural which is probably the closest to my non Asian skin. I found that it gives light to medium coverage, blends easily and doesn't cake unless you really over do it! I apply it straight on to my bare face after applying my normal moisturiser, using the little sponge; it's completely fuss free.
Maybelline claims that it should...
- Control shine - VERDICT: Yes
- Have UV protection - VERDICT: I personally wouldn't trust it but I haven't exactly tested!
- Conceal blemishes - VERDICT: Yes
- Give fairer skin - VERDICT: I hate the idea of all of this fairness/whitening stuff and I guess it does kind of white me out sometimes but when I'm teaching, I get so red and hot that it cancels it out lol
- Smooth / Even out skin - VERDICT: Pretty much
- Be long wear and gentle -VERDICT: long wear = maybe... Gentle = Yes
Price: I can't remember but the website says 199 baht (~£4)
I needed this powder to control my shine and redness while I was teaching all day and I'd say it does a decent job; I generally feel confident that I don't look too much of a mess, any way! I'd probably buy this again although, I haven't tried many powders like this so I'd probably try others first!