Wednesday 15 May 2013

LIFE: My Wardrobe Clear Out #2 - Give and Makeup Donation

Today is just a quick post to update you all on my pre move clear-out and to highlight a charity which I have chosen to donate some of my unwanted items to.

I decided to clear out some of my beauty storage yesterday and when doing so I piled up 11 bottles of barely used Simple stuff (cleanser, toner, moisturiser etc which my Nan always buys me even though I have tried to tell her I don't use Simple any more, bless her)... I have put them all  in a box along with a few other bits and will be posting them to a great charity called Give and Makeup which I heard about a while ago. They take donated toiletries amongst other things and distribute them to Women's Aid and Refuge which means that women in need can get their hands on every day essentials. It's going to cost me a fortune to send the box (thanks to Royal Mail! /rant) as it's quite heavy but, I thought it was a really worthwhile charity. Hence why I also decided to share this on my blog as I know many other of you bloggers must have so many products lying around that you've hardly used, too - go and have a look!

Here is a quick list of what Give and Makeup accept as donations:
  • Hair products (eg. Shampoo, conditioner, hair dryers etc)
  • Skin care products (eg. Cleanser, soap/shower gel, face or body moisturiser etc)
  • Other Essentials (eg. Toothbrushes, feminine hygiene products, deodorant etc)
  • Makeup, nail polish, perfume and make up tools
  • Women's and children's underwear/pyjamas and children's clothes 
  • Any baby products
They accept anything new or lightly used, clean items (unless it has an applicator wand, for hygiene reasons) as well as gift/sample sizes!

For a more detailed list on what to donate and how to donate go to their website: here
They also answer any questions on their twitter page  @GiveAndMakeUp

I hope that some of you found this useful as I think it's great :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I never thought anyone would take items like those and I never know what to do with products that just don't work for me, but will work for others! I think it is a lovely thing to do and definitely worth the money to send! Good for you!

    bouncingbabs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've finally found something to do with all that stuff too! x

      Delete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment and will always comment back either here or on your blog so look out for me if you do leave a message! x