Sunday 12 May 2013

REVIEW: L'Oreal False Lash Flutter Mascara

Today I'm reviewing False Lash Flutter Mascara which I'm currently trying out after I put it on my spring wish list. I'm a very loyal fan of the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes range but decided to try this, partly because I was hoping that it wouldn't be too different and that I would get just as good if not better results with it (how very unadventurous of me)!



The photo above shows my eyelashes with the mascara applied after one dip in to the formula and minimal "messing around"; it probably took all of ten seconds per eye to apply and achieve this effect. It probably could have looked better if I had spent longer combing through (although this brush is not very good at that) but I prefer to show what a product can do with minimal effort! If you want to see what my lashes look like without mascara, go here.

In terms of the brush, it's the plastic kind which I personally like. It seems that mascara settles in some areas of the brush more than others, as one side is "deeper" than the other, which could lead to over applying if you don't wipe it off a bit but this is hardly an issue. If I'm being picky, I also thought the brush was a bit fiddly because you can only really use it one way round and I'm not good with my left hand. Over all, the brush is decent, it doesn't cause many clumps and scoops up all of your lashes quite nicely as it's quite big but it's a tiny bit too fiddly for my lazy self.

The formula is also good; it doesn't seem extraordinarily different to Volume Million Lashes (if it is different at all!) and it's a true black. It does an average job of lengthening my lashes (definitely not as good as VML) and just generally emphasises them. I do find that I get a little more fall out (mascara bits on my face) at the end of the day from this compared to Volume Million Lashes (with which I get none) but compared to cheaper mascaras it's practically nothing.

In general this is a good quality mascara (however at £10 that is what you would expect). Although, I don't prefer it to Volume Million Lashes or even some cheaper mascaras which I used to use a lot. I don't want to completely slam it as it's a great step up from a cheaper mascara if you're stretching your budget and looking for something new and of a higher than average quality but it's unfortunately not a very good alternative to VML (for me) so I wouldn't spend £10 on it again. Looking at the picture, I feel like my lashes look a bit like they needed curling which I would never usually do but there is just something about them with this mascara on that's not quite up to my expectations. I'm a bit disappointed but will use it until it runs out as again, it's not awful, just not for me.

6 comments:

  1. Nice review!!! thank you so much for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    Have a nice sunday! and my like in bloglovin for you too!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when a product doesn't deliver 100%. Makes me almost weary of trying new items.. But then I go into a store and want all the shiny things!! :) xxx

    bouncingbabs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the brush looks so promising!!!! L'Oreal mascaras are usually winners, such a shame :(( xxx


    ❤ www.MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love L'Oreal just sadly not this! x

      Delete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment and will always comment back either here or on your blog so look out for me if you do leave a message! x